Telltale Signs of Gum Disease
Healthy gums are the foundations for healthy teeth. Once plaque begins to build up on your teeth, your gums may become inflamed and if left untreated, can weaken the tissue and bone which support your teeth – eventually leading to tooth loss. Many people aren’t aware they have gum disease, as there is no pain during the initial build up of plaque. So just how can you spot it?
The Signs of Gum Disease
There are a number of telltale signs you can look out for when it comes to gum disease:
- Sore and bleeding gums while brushing
- Bad breath
- Receding gums
- A noticeable difference in your bite
- Teeth becoming loss
How to Combat Gum Disease
Needless to say, regular check-ups with your dentist and hygienist are essential to combat the build up of plaque. But there are some ways you can keep your gums healthy from the comfort of your own home.
- Regular brushing, flossing and rinsing at least twice a day.
- Patient brushing – don’t rush or go too hard while brushing your teeth.
- Invest in an electric toothbrush – they can remove plaque and massage gums.
- If you smoke, quit or at least cut down on the amount you smoke.
Worried about your dental health? Why not call in today for a quick check-up or contact us on 01 286 3787 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your appointment!